Thursday, March 01, 2018

No.16 Typewriter of the Day: Royal Quiet Deluxe

No 16: TOTD Royal Quiet Deluxe

I can't remember when I acquired this Royal Quiet Deluxe, I am glad though that I had it overhauled because it is mint to work on.  If I remember it looks like Heinz at Adon did the work, Heinz learned his trade as a technician with Adler and always did great work.  He finally retired a few years ago at 85.  I wish him all the best.

Royals and Remingtons don't get a lot of appreciation in the typewriter world because there are a lot made and alot still around.  This however this is your opportunity, they type great and there is a chance that if you find one it will be a time capsule. The Royal line was redesigned by the great American industrial designer Henry Dreyfus.  Another interesting fact about the machine was that Ian Fleming the author of the James Bond stories had a gold plated version.

Enjoy

No comments:

The Net Zero Cure Is Far Worse Than The Disease

  The Net Zero Cure Is Far Worse Than The Disease https://www.zerohedge.com/political/net-zero-cure-far-worse-disease We are now going to fa...