Tuesday, March 27, 2018

No.32 - Typewriter of the Day: Olympia SM4 Deluxe (1961)

No. 32 - TOTD: Olympia SM4 Deluxe (1961

I could never resist picking up an Olympia.  This SM4 has been languishing in my collection for some time.  It need a little TLC, the rubber dampers need changing and it could use a cleaning, you can see the previous owner was a smoker from the nicotine on the frame, but other then that it types great.  I love the color, a willow green, black keys and a green space bar.  I checked the serial number and it is a 1961 model. 


I went and had a look at writers who used this model.  From what Richard Polt reports possible Stan Laurel was a user, David Mamet also.



Image result for stan laurel

It's a keeper.

J

No comments:

The Net Zero Cure Is Far Worse Than The Disease

  The Net Zero Cure Is Far Worse Than The Disease https://www.zerohedge.com/political/net-zero-cure-far-worse-disease We are now going to fa...