Saturday, March 24, 2018

No.29 - Typewriter of the Day: Underwood Universal

No 29: TOTD Underwood Universal - Golden Touch

Here is another time capsule in my collection.  I hadn't typed on this machine since I picked it up.  What a waste, it is perfect, types well has a good ribbon and has everything from the paperwork to the key for the case.  It could use a little more exercise which is something I can only look to myself to handle.  Enjoy the picture.



I am uploading this now but will update this posting when I can add some information as to who used an Underwood  Universal to write with.  I have reached out to Richard Polt,  the typewriter guru, for help with this interesting question.

J

P.S. Richard got back to me almost immediately with the following:

Hi John,

Thanks for writing.

I have a list of writers and their typewriters at http://site.xavier.edu/polt/typewriters/typers.html

According to one of my correspondents, Australian writer Ruth Park used such a machine. Just now I found the attached photo; it’s definitely an Underwood from the ‘50s, but I can’t be sure of which model.

best wishes,

Richard


No comments:

The Net Zero Cure Is Far Worse Than The Disease

  The Net Zero Cure Is Far Worse Than The Disease https://www.zerohedge.com/political/net-zero-cure-far-worse-disease We are now going to fa...