Tuesday, March 13, 2018

NO 23 - Typewriter of the Day: Hermes Baby

No. 23 TOTD - Hermes Baby

I have a very soft spot in my heart for the Baby Hermes, this was the first typewriter I had of my own, at least for a while since it was borrowed and I finally had to give it back.  Not only was it the smallest machine I had ever seen, it had an amazing pedigree.  The machine had been lugged all through the North African Campaign by a member of the Polish Brigade fighting with the 8th Army it had survived the war and made it to Canada in the 70's.  It fascinated me and I have tried to collect them ever since.  Here is a picture of one of my machines, this one is very dirty and needs both a new ribbon and a new platten.  I luckily have a parts machine and rather then sending the platten to JJ Short for recovering I will see if I can get by with a change out and do a cleaning at the same time - when spring finally gets here.  This is my Hermes Baby.


No comments:

The Net Zero Cure Is Far Worse Than The Disease

  The Net Zero Cure Is Far Worse Than The Disease https://www.zerohedge.com/political/net-zero-cure-far-worse-disease We are now going to fa...