Sunday, March 25, 2018

No 30 Typewriter of the Day - Series 3 TP2 Facit 1968

No 30 TOTD - Facit TP2  Series 3 (1968)

I was very surprised to find that Prince Bernadotte also designed the Facit TP2.  I found this looking up the serial number for this machine on the Typewriter Data Base.  I should do that for every machine.  This particular machine was sitting in my collection ignored and unrestored.  It is however almost the end for the run for TP2s, the following year it was replaced by the model 1620 which all the experts regard as a lessor machine.  Here it is:


As you can see there is no ribbon, spools missing, and it is stiff needing a cleaning and lube job.  I see it needs better feel as well the rubber is spalling.  I find most Facits have poor feet but looking at the design they should be easy to replace with something generic.

As for writers that use Facits the only person I have found so far is the Austrian writer Ingeborg Bachmann, (Which model - I think TP2).  Thanks to the Writing Ball Blog.

Image result for Ingeborg Bachmann

No comments:

The Net Zero Cure Is Far Worse Than The Disease

  The Net Zero Cure Is Far Worse Than The Disease https://www.zerohedge.com/political/net-zero-cure-far-worse-disease We are now going to fa...